Simple. Cool. Clean. Grey. Flooring.

Simple. Cool. Clean. Grey. Flooring.
1-unit loading grey - hardWear finish

Saturday, May 28, 2016

What the 4th graders taught me.

Last Wednesday, I was honored to be a part of Career Day at Highland Lakes Elementary.  I was there to talk about the path of "Maker" and maybe "Entrepreneur". Dr. Allen started the day with a remarkable speech about work vs. jobs vs. careers, and as I groped toward something that might stick when I spoke to I arrived at 2 points:

I found myself quoting Bertrand Russell:

Thinking Is the Hardest Work There Is, which Is the Probable Reason Why So Few Engage In It.


I then found myself begging the kids to do this work. Explaining how I feel like the luckiest guy on Earth because I wake up stoked to do what I want instead of what I feel I have to. I painted the alternative vividly: Forced to act happy and slog along because of the cost of life.

The other thing that surfaced was this:

You can out-work anybody. Nobody can out-work you if you decide so.


 It's up to you in the best way possible. You get to be as great as you care to be. This is such a gift!
Try thinking - start today!

No comments:

Post a Comment