Simple. Cool. Clean. Grey. Flooring.

Simple. Cool. Clean. Grey. Flooring.
1-unit loading grey - hardWear finish

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Tale chasing as art (an abstract digression).

I once heard that many professionals are like olympic tails-chasers. We improve our nutrition, get coaches, learn the newest techniques to go faster, be more effective, etc.. Some of us spin with astonishing speed. Others are beautiful in our spinning. Others are surprisingly effective at just catching their tale; showing skill and flexibility, they barely spin, and they are able to give themselves a nice bite on the base. We are all just chasing our tails, though.


This reality has weighed on me for years. I’m kind of OK with it. Truthfully, I have fun chasing my tail. I’m thankful for the freedom to do it (stray dogs don’t do it - their world is too dangerous).  I know I will die someday. So, I might as well make the most of this time. Most of all, there are frankly parts of my life I am less comfortable with than my tail-chasing exercises. We seem to be built for pursuit of some sort. The truest pursuit may be spiritual, but to assume that one cannot be reached by those forces outside of a specific bodily position seems demeaning to said forces. I feel like my dharma now is to just go. I hope I am doing it right.

Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Hawk-e is an invite-only network of partners who seek to enable, create and celebrate innovation in the travel, tourism and transportation sectors through communication, information sharing and controlled disruption.
    Hawk-E

    ReplyDelete